Re: [Nolug] SA Questions

From: mikey_at_otiscorp.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:23:54 -0400 (EDT)

> 1. Why does SpamAssassin tag the Received header from nolug email list
> as FORGED?

SpamAssassin prolly doesn't like the "Delivered-To:", "Received:",
"From:", and "To:" headers being different. SA most likely sees this as
something dodgy and sets off the warning bells. You might want to
whitelist NOLUG and other mailing lists you're on.

> 2. How can I get a SA Report after an email is received? For instance,
> I get an email which is obviously spam, but does not rise to the 5 point
> mark. I would like to send back through the SA filter to see what
> points ARE tagged to it so that I can tweak to filters to work better.
> FYI, I am pulling from my email server using POP3.

The best I can say is trial & error. Maybe you might want to grep the
SpamAssassin section of the emails that are put in the spam-pit[0] and
output it to a file. I'm not sure exactly what you'd like the report to
look like though.

[0] As opposed to the "bit-bucket". This is where you have Spamassassin
or procmail put emails marked as spam when you don't want to delete them
out of caution. AFAIK, this might be a "Mikey Original" phrase. ;)

--
Since-beer-leekz,
Mikey              http://raeder.us