RE: [Nolug] *Incredible* surge in spam

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:39:17 -0500

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 22:35, Pietu wrote:
> All you need is a domain name and you shall receive spam. There is no need
> for announcing any e-mail addresses to it. (Anyway currently my mail server
> does not accept any e-mails to non-existing accounts.)
>
> Ron, where did you find that image?

You mean the graph? Generated using a program named ploticus.
Found it when I was looking for a simple front end to gnuplot.

Attached are the scripts I use to generate it, plus the data
files. spam.graph.sh is the "driver".

> I've noticed the incredible increase of spam lately also.

Final results from yesterday:
[1st 18 days of month, ~50-70 spams/day]
19 389
20 1495
21 2027
22 3025