Re: [Nolug] Trouble with mail

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:52:15 -0600

Ron Johnson <ronjohnsonjr@yahoo.com> writes:

is courier imap running the courier-ipop3d daemon? Where is it
 logging to? Can you "telnet localhost 110"? If you can at the first
 prompt type "USER <username>" and hit enter. It should then tell you
 to enter a password for that account. type "PASS <yourpassword>" enter.
Is there an error mesage or does it tell you the mailbox is ready?
type Ctrl-] to escape out of telnet and close the session.

Your main weapon in troubleshooting this is finding the logs.

> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, I suddenly have a little bit of trouble receiving
> mail.
>
> Here's my setup:
> fetchmail->amavisd-new->SpamAssassin->postfix
> ipop3d->Evolution (this is so that Reply will work)
>
> This has been working for the past month, with Evo perfectly happy
> fetching from haggis (the name of localhost) instead of
> pop.east.cox.net.
>
> Postfix is appending new messages into /var/mail/me, so I know
> that that part works.
>
> It seems like Evo 1.4.4 just doesn't want to get the pop mail
> anymore from the account 'me@haggis', although it seems perfectly
> fine popping mail from 'spam-quarantine@haggis' (which is where SA
> sends all spam.
>
> It all started when I installed courier-imap.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> TIA

Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."
gpg key fingerprint=7125 0BD3 8EC4 08D7 321D CEE9 F024 7DA6 0BC7 94E5