Re: [Nolug] postfix, Maildir and non-$HOME delivery

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:14:43 -0600

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 04:00, Joey Kelly wrote:
> Thou spake:
> >Hi,
> >
> >postfix 2.0.16-2
> >courier-imap 1.7.3-10
> >
> >Currently, postfix drops mail into $HOME/Maildir, because of this
> >standard entry in /etc/postfix/main.cf
> > home_mailbox = Maildir/
> >
> >However, I'd rather it go in /var/mail/$HOME/Maildir, since it
> >will be on a ReiserFS partition.
> >
> >Is there any way to do this?
>
> I don't know about putting the Maildir in var; however, unless you've got
> several hundred users, Maildir is going to be less efficient than mbox format
> (which would be in /var/mail/$user), speed-wise.

But I've got an IMAP server.

> That said, there's nothing stopping you from symlinking to /var/mail/.

Yeah, I guess I could do that...

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"Democracy is woman's greatest invention. Indeed, it even
reflects her character: purposeless, irrational, subject to
public opinion and passing fashions, rambling, confused,
underhanded, scheming, in love with its own purity."
Unknown