Re: [Nolug] Poor Joey

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 05:37:29 -0500

Thou spake:
>Novell is going to acquire your personal favorite distribution!
>Yesterday RH announced they are discontinuing support for everything except
>for their enterprise versions, and now this? Whatever happened to the pure
>Linux company?
>
>http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/11/pr03069.html

To tell the truth, I don't know whether to rejoice, or start looking for
another distro. I'll be content if they leave us a moderately-priced distro
(with free downloads, mind you) and don't force ximian down our throats.

I've been talking to the developers in #suse on irc.freenode.net. They are
upbeat, but they freely admit they don't know anything about the financial
side of things, nor what the future holds for regular users. Bah.