Re: [Nolug] Poor Joey

From: Edward Iglesias <iglesias_at_loyno.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:18:42 -0600

I got this from Red Hat yesterday. It has a few details including the link
to a migration site. I'm personally thinking of migrating myself to Debian.

Thank you for being a Red Hat Network customer.

This e-mail provides you with important information about the upcoming
discontinuation of Red Hat Linux, and resources to assist you with your
migration to another Red Hat solution.

As previously communicated, Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and
errata support for Red Hat Linux 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0 as of December
31, 2003. Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and errata support for
Red Hat Linux 9 as of April 30, 2004. Red Hat does not plan to release
another product in the Red Hat Linux line.

With the recent announcement of Red Hat Enterprise Linux v.3, you'll
find migrating to Enterprise Linux appealing. We understand
that transitioning to another Red Hat solution requires careful planning
and implementation. We have created a migration plan for Red Hat Network
customers to help make the transition as simple and seamless as
possible. Details:

****************
If you purchase Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS or ES Basic before February
28, 2004, you will receive 50% off the price for two years.[*] (That's two
years for the price of one.)

****************
In addition, we have created a Red Hat Linux Migration Resource Center
to address your migration planning and other questions, such as:

* What are best practices for implementing the migration to Red Hat
   Enterprise Linux?

* Are there other migration alternatives?

* How do I purchase Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS or ES Basic at the price
   above?

* What if my paid subscription to RHN extends past April 30, 2004?

****************

Find out more about your migration options with product comparisons,
whitepapers and documentation at the Red Hat Linux Migration Resource
Center:

   http://www.redhat.com/solutions/migration/rhl/rhn

Or read the FAQ written especially for Red Hat Network customers:

   https://rhn.redhat.com/help/rhlmigrationfaq/

Sincerely,

Red Hat, Inc.

[*] Limit 10 units. Higher volume purchase inquiries should contact a
     regional Red Hat sales representative. Contact numbers available at
     http://www.redhat.com/solutions/migration/rhl/rhn

--the Red Hat Network Team

At 05:37 AM 11/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I've been talking to the developers in #suse on irc.freenode.net. They are
>upbeat, but they freely admit they don't know anything about the financial
>side of things, nor what the future holds for regular users. Bah.
>
>--
>

>Joey Kelly
>< Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
>http://joeykelly.net

Edward
Iglesias
email: iglesias@loyno.edu