Re: [Nolug] Distro suggestions

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:25:09 -0600

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 07:57 pm, Brad N Bendily wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:
>
> > I used to use Red Hat, and I still do at work,
> > since that's what came installed on the box.
> >
> > But, at home, it's Slackware. Is this a good
> > time to start a distro holy war?
>

> www.distrowatch.com
>

> There are a lot of cool distro's out there. Most
> of them based on RedHat (i wonder what they'll do now).
>
> I can't wait to see the new SuSe after Novell is
> finished with it!
>
> BB

I like this one better (guess why):

http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=slackware

If you want play with Linux, use one of the RPM based distros.
If you want to learn Linux, use Slackware.

Maybe we could get a poll on the nolug site or just have
people weigh in on the list on their OS.

Andy

P.S. I'm listed as a nolug member twice on the site. How
do I get rid of the second entry?