Re: [Nolug] need lots of knoppix copies

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:22:54 -0500

<snip>

>Are you sure you want Knoppix only? If someone people want to install,
>it would be nice to give them an installable distro as an option.
>(Please let's not continue the "OMG IT HAS TO BE DEBIAN/MDK/GENTOO/RED
>HAT/FEDORA/SUSE/SLACK meme here).

2 good points. I definitely want a knoppix-like CD (knoppix, SuSE's Live CD,
NetBSD has one... who else?), but an installable CD would also be good.

We're talking newbies here... so slack is out, but Fedora (gaa...), SuSE,
Mandrake and ??? would be good. Perhaps if everyone could burn a copy or two
of their favorite distro so they can have a selection to choose from? Latest
versions only, please...

One other item, which I haven't broached with the NOPCC guy yet, is the
possibility of an installfest (hey, Scott!) for the newcomers to Linux. I
don't know what their reaction to that would be, nor do I have logistics
suggestions, either. If an installfest happens, it would have to be some time
after the initial Linux presentation event. Perhaps we could plan one and
invite them to it?