Re: Re: [Nolug] "Can't activate eth0"

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:22:20 -0500

Ron Johnson wrote on 2003-11-13:
[snip]

> Same thing. It's a D-link DI-604. One of my problems is that I
> can't find the manual for it. I got a copy from their website,
> but it's in an .exe file and I can't reinstall either nt4 or 2k
> on my dualboot machine to read it. But I'm trying to get DSL back
> up with the NIC connected directly to the ethernet bridge, as it
> had been working that way until Monday.

I think that those kinds of files are just self-extracting zip files,
and you should be able to use zip(1) on it.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
I found the CD-ROM and read the manual without any trouble. But it only covers installation and pinging, not the telnet stuff about assigning addresses, etc. I can't even determine what address is assigned to the router itself; the one in the manual (192.168.0.1, I think) doesn't connect. When I ping -b, I get .102 and .103 but can't address them directly. I remember assigning .1 to the router and .11 and .12 to the NICs before, but that was with the router that burned out.