Re: [Nolug] "Can't activate eth0"

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:45:04 -0600

jdtiede@bellsouth.net wrote:
> After taking someone else's suggestion that I reinstall the driver, I took out the card, rebooted, put it back in and rebooted again. It was activated, but still no DSL. I decided the cheapest, quickest thing to do was to go to BB and get another $15 card. Did that, had to remove and reboot to get it to work, but it says activated and still no DSL. I had forgotten about the indicator lights on the back of the NIC; one stays on all the time and the other doesn't blink when I try to get DSL. Any more suggestions?

Are the lights on the modem blinking? If you have line sync (light
steady on) then the problem is in the computerl, and therefore, yours.
If you don't have line sync (blinking light), the problem is theirs and
call tech support, complain that you've called before, and you've
already rebooted and reinstalled your software, and that you can't get
line sync. This should bring you to a tech who will offer to have the
line tested.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com