Re: Re: [Nolug] "Can't activate eth0"

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:35:34 -0500

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
Date: 2003/11/13 Thu PM 03:54:54 EST
To: NOLUG ML <nolug@joeykelly.net>
Subject: Re: [Nolug] "Can't activate eth0"

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 13:25, Alex McKenzie wrote:
> <quote who="jdtiede@bellsouth.net">
[snip]
> Be glad that B$ allows the use of a router at all...other companies TOS
> you and you're screwed. They may do this soon, since they're starting to
> sell residential routers. I just quit expecting support from them, unless

What the heck is a "residential routers", as opposed to routers
sold by Linksys, DLink, etc?

Same thing. It's a D-link DI-604. One of my problems is that I can't find the manual for it. I got a copy from their website, but it's in an .exe file and I can't reinstall either nt4 or 2k on my dual-boot machine to read it. But I'm trying to get DSL back up with the NIC connected directly to the ethernet bridge, as it had been working that way until Monday.