Re: Re: [Nolug] "Can't activate eth0"

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:44:38 -0600

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 15:35, jdtiede@bellsouth.net wrote:
> > From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
> > Date: 2003/11/13 Thu PM 03:54:54 EST
> > To: NOLUG ML <nolug@joeykelly.net>
> > Subject: Re: [Nolug] "Can't activate eth0"
> >
> > On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 13:25, Alex McKenzie wrote:
> > > <quote who="jdtiede@bellsouth.net">
[snip]
> > Be glad that B$ allows the use of a router at all...other companies TOS
> > you and you're screwed. They may do this soon, since they're starting to
> > sell residential routers. I just quit expecting support from them, unless
> >
> > What the heck is a "residential routers", as opposed to routers
> > sold by Linksys, DLink, etc?
>
> Same thing. It's a D-link DI-604. One of my problems is that I
> can't find the manual for it. I got a copy from their website,
> but it's in an .exe file and I can't reinstall either nt4 or 2k
> on my dualboot machine to read it. But I'm trying to get DSL back
> up with the NIC connected directly to the ethernet bridge, as it
> had been working that way until Monday.

I think that those kinds of files are just self-extracting zip files,
and you should be able to use zip(1) on it.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas