Re: [Nolug] Anyone have any experience with Lindows?

From: Brad N Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:37:08 -0600 (CST)

I installed Lindows, I didn't use it day to day. I thought the
install was very simple and complete. It didn't ask you what
packages you want or how to configure anything, it just did it
for you and everything worked. However, the thing I really didn't
like was that to install any extra programs you had to
subscribe to their install service. I tried to install a few things
myself, from CLI, but didn't have much luck. Although I didn't try
too hard. I'd say it's nice for the person who just wants to use
what comes out of the box, but it's the pits for trying to install
and check out all the apps that Linux has to offer. Check to make
sure that Win4Lin will run on the Lindows distro.

BB