Re: [Nolug] Configure DHCP on RH7.3

From: Brad N Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:15:22 -0600 (CST)

> that the above is taken into consideration. Are there
> any gotchas
> that I might need to watch out for?

When you load dhcp you'll want to load it on the specific
nic you want it to listen on...ie. /usr/sbin/dhcpd eth1

Basically get the dhcpd package, install it, allow those
ports on your firewall for the internal network, then
start up dhcp with the command i lister earlier.

You'll also need to have your conf file configured
correctly. If you need help with that let me know
I can send you mine. I'm doing the same thing as
you, so I have all the setup done already.
I actually copied my config from someone else.
It made it easier for me to figure out how to modify
it rather than looking at the examples that come
with dhcpd.

BB