[Nolug] Configure DHCP on RH7.3

From: Christoph Boget <jcboget_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:49:45 -0800 (PST)

Disclaimer: RH noobie alert and new to the NOLUG list.

I've searched for howto's, but they didn't seem to
apply to my
particular situation. Let me say first, I'm not
looking to be told
how to set this up. I'm just asking for pointers to
the appropriate
information and perhaps any gotchas I should pay
attention to.

Alright, here is how I have everything configured
currently:

Redhat 7.3 with 2 nics using ipchains as a firewall.
My DSL is going into eth0 (which has a static IP
address, more
or less) and coming out of eth1 (which has an internal
address)
to a 4 port hub. I have 3 other PCs connecting to the
hub using
my linux box as a gateway to get out onto the net. I
have a wire-
less hub connected to the uplink port of my regular
hub. Right now,
the wireless hub is being used only for my Laptop. I
do plan on
switching my other PCs to wireless, but that is still
a ways down
the road.
All of this works just fine.

What I want to do is set up DHCP so that my laptop
(and my
other PCs, in theory) can get an (internal) IP address
dynamically.
As it is right now, all my PC have a static internal
address. But I
want to do this in such a way that it won't disrupt my
other PCs
that have and that will continue to have an static
internal address.

Where can I go to find information on how to set up
DHCP so
that the above is taken into consideration. Are there
any gotchas
that I might need to watch out for?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Christoph