Re: [Nolug] Customizable Bootable CD

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:18:40 -0600

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 20:55, Jeff Lee wrote:
> The machines are all over, it is not just an "in house" thing. They are sold
> to tire dealers.

Ah, well, ok.
http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/
Then I'd try to build a system using Morphix (a toolkit for
rolling your own live CDs, based on Knoppix), with XFce4, Mozilla
Firebird, and little else. Since it's Debian-based, and Debian
is *really* modular, so you'll be able to strip out everything
you don't need, and won't have to worry about dependency
issues.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"What's your genius, perfect 20 years too late Monday morning
quarterback answer to how the US should have responded to the
Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Oh wait, you're just talking crap
- you don't have a real answer, you're just regurgitating crap
from NPR."
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=76597&cid=6839483