Re: [Nolug] This month's speaker... someone else (yay!)

From: Mischa Krilov <subs_at_krilov.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:36:33 -0600

Joey Kelly wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2004 06:43, Wimprine, Thomas spake:
>
>>I thought we were going to be doing more of a Disaster Recovery demo. How
>>to do backup and recover what to do and what not to do. We can setup a FW
>>also, I'll just bring my FreeSCO box, however I think we are exceding the
>>initial discussion.
>

> Hmm... well, I wasn't there when you guys came up with the plan. I saw the
> post on the http://nolug.org/nolugwiki/index.cgi?UpcomingTopics page. It does
> say "backup and recovery", at that.

The hardware I can bring has changed since last month- I can bring one
or two Pentium-class machines, an 8-port switch if needed, and a 4-port
KVM for integration into our backup network example. It'd be nice if
someone else can furnish the network cables. Brian, are you out there?
What else shall we bring?

If memory served, we (and by we I mean Brian, Judson, and Tom) were
going to show a basic cronjob backup script, touch on bru, and possibly
a few other backup solutions. Any requests/suggestions?

Mischa.