Re: [Nolug] Migrating ASP pages to Apache [Helmut, check this out]

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 02:13:49 -0600

Mischa Krilov <subs@krilov.com> wrote ..

> A quick Google search resulted in this link:
>
> http://www.apache-asp.org/
>
> From the intro:
>
> "Apache::ASP provides an Active Server Pages port to the Apache Web
> Server with Perl scripting only, and enables developing of dynamic web
> applications with session management and embedded Perl code. There are
> also many powerful extensions, including XML taglibs, XSLT rendering,
> and new events not originally part of the ASP API!"
>
> Now, I don't know squat about ASP (apart from the acronym), but this
> looks like it could be a big piece of your puzzle, no?
>
> Mischa.

(I've missed the original post so my comments might not be on the ball.)

I've been using Chilisoft for running asp pages in my linux box for several years. However since I started learning PHP, I've converted most of my asp scripts to PHP.

For ASP -> PHP beginners I recommend php2asp (GUI available) I've also realized that PHP <-> MSSQL scripting is much easier than ASP <->MSSQL.

Petri