Re: [Nolug] Migrating ASP pages to Apache [Helmut, check this out]

From: Mischa Krilov <subs_at_krilov.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:43:34 -0600

Petri Laihonen wrote:

> I've been using Chilisoft for running asp pages in my linux box for
> several years. However since I started learning PHP, I've converted
> most of my asp scripts to PHP.
>
> For ASP -> PHP beginners I recommend php2asp (GUI available) I've
> also realized that PHP <-> MSSQL scripting is much easier than ASP
> <->MSSQL.

Obligatory link:
http://asp2php.naken.cc/

Thanks for the info, Petri- can you tell us more about your journey from
ASP & MSSQL to PHP? We also didn't know if it made more sense to have
wither PHP talking to MSSQL or ASP talking to MySQL as a middle step. Do
you have any insight to share?

As James said, there was no original post to the list- I figured I'd
throw the original link onto the list and see if there were any other
NOLUGgers with extra information that would help shed some light.

Mischa.