Re: [Nolug] Distro Holy Wars(was The latest Fedora)

From: Jeff Hendricks <hendricks_clan_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 13 Feb 2004 23:04:26 -0600

So why do we argue about distros? I think that's the one thing (one of
the few things) that holds Linux back. Granted, I use RedHate, and have
since I started with Linux. I just don't know why people on message
boards get so worked up about distros' superiorities and such.

I'm not trying to flamebait, I know we (NOLUG) are beyond that kind of
quibbling. So why not have a list of major distros and what their
weak/strong points are? I'm sure somewhere in the Great Electrical Void
there's something like that. Since I'm probably going to switch distros
soon (because of EOL, not because I don't like RH9) that would be of
great help to me.

-Jeff Hendricks
a.k.a. "That Funky White Boy"