Re: [Nolug] camera card reader

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:01:39 -0600

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 01:54 pm, James Scott wrote:
> I am attempting to get a compact flash card reader up on fedora core 1.
>
> The Lexar Model: GS-UFD-20SA-TP
> Shows up in the hardware browser as a "systems device" and identifies
> itself as
> "Carry Computer Eng., Co., Ltd SM/CF/PCMCIA Card Reader"
> This is consistant with other references on the net. Most of them are
> dated 2002 or earlier.
> All of the info I am finding that is more recent says these things are
> plug and play.
>
> A google search on the "Carry Computer Eng., Co., Ltd SM/CF/PCMCIA Card
> Reader" gets me to pages concerning PCMCIA card readers and presents me
> with the references the data that follows.
>
> This comes from:
> #
> # List of USB ID's
> #
> # Maintained by Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz>
> # If you have any new entries, send them to the maintainer.
> # The latest version can be obtained from
> # http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
> #
> # $Id: usb.ids,v 1.139 2004/02/14 00:12:57 dbrownell Exp $
> #
>
> 07cc Carry Computer Eng., Co., Ltd
> 0000 CF Card Reader
> 0003 SM Card Reader
> 0004 SM/CF/PCMCIA Card Reader
> 0006 SM/CF/PCMCIA Card Reader
> 000c SM/CF Card Reader
> 000d SM/CF Card Reader
> 0200 6-in-1 Card Reader
>
> I am clueless where to go from here.

Check your dmesg for something like this when you plug it in:
hub 1-1:1.0: new USB device on port 3, assigned address 5
  Vendor: Generic Model: STORAGE DEVICE Rev: 0111
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0, type 0
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 5

If so, you should be able to mount it as /dev/sda1 on /some/mount/point.

Andy Johnson