Re: [Nolug] camera card reader

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:29:47 -0600

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 17:19, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> James Scott <jhs_technical@cox.net> writes:
>
> > usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x7cc/0x4) is not claimed by any active
> > driver.
> >
> > Which I think shows up the card reader as USB Device 3 and shows it not
> > claimed by an active driver.
>
> Exactly.
>
> So, you want to either upgrade usbmgr and hope that the definition for
> this usb device is present, or add it yourself.
>
> On my Debian Linux system, the file to modify would be
> /etc/usbmgr/usbmgr.conf. Add a couple of lines like this:
>
> # My USB Card Reader
> vendor 0x7cc product 0x4 module scsi_mod , sd_mod , usb-storage
>
> And HUP restart usbmgr:
>
> killall -HUP usbmgr
>
> I'm betting you'll see it recognised then.

Hi,

What's the point of usbmgr? Modules get loaded automatically.

Also, is it "2.6-safe"? After all, it uses /proc/bus/usb.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"The main reason that M$ gets bashed is that they persist in
writing bad code, on top of bad code.... As many have said, there
is NO PERFECT OS. The better OS though, IMHO, is the one that
will openly deal with issues, both major, and minor. Microsoft
still needs a lot of work in this area."
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/202/comment/24104#MSG