[Nolug] Wireless Linux Drivers?

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:40:23 -0600 (CST)

Does anyone have a Broadcom wireless card in
a laptop that you want to get drivers for?
Well there aren't any drivers, but some
wonderful folks have decided to produce a
workaround for this problem. Thank God that
someone found the time and decency to do this.
It's not only broadcom drivers, but several other
cards don't have linux support either.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

NDISWrapper basically presents the windows driver
to the Linux kernel through their wrapper.

I just thought I'd pass this along, I got my dell
laptop at work about 6 months ago and I looked
for drivers then to no avail. I decided to start
looking again a few days ago and found the ndiswrapper
project. I got it installed and working. However,
because I have Suse9 on my laptop I ended up using
v .3 of ndiswrapper instead of the latest v .4.

Good luck!

--
Brad Bendily - CNA