[Nolug] wifi cards

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:50:57 -0600

Since there has been talk of wireless lately...

Has anyone purchased a wifi card recently and got it working without
ndiswrapper?

I have an Intel Xircom card that works great with native drivers and
I wanted to try to get one for my wife's new laptop, but evidently
they've been EOLed.

I purchased a BUSLink card that is supposed to work in Linux, but I
suspect a hardware defect (can't get it to work in Windows).

I went to CompUSA, but they didn't appear to have any Linux
compatible cards in stock.

Ideas? I'd prefer to avoid ndiswrapper since the laptop is 99.999%
DFSG-compliant (the only exception is the Flash plugin for Mozilla).

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.