Re: [Nolug] Dynamic Text

From: scotth_at_scottharney.com
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:24:39 -0600

"Jeff Lee" <jeffreydavidlee@hotmail.com> writes:

> I figured out about the tag closing on the first line but it doesnt work for
> the last line. When I put the tag there it shows up in the site. I got it
> working the way I want. Thank you all for your help. Now next what I need to
> learn how to do is make that includes.inc file into a add/remove page so
> that the client can add/remove his own products when he wants to.

having the webserver write to files can be tricky to do from a security
standpoint. At this point, I'm going to recommend you get a good book
on php programming and take a visit to the php web site as well.
mysql and php programming from addison wesley is quite good.

php interfaces with a lot of different kinds of databases which is
a good way to do a dynamic site. mysql is a very popular choice.
Another possibilty is sqlite interfacing with php. http://sqlite.org
and http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.sqlite.php have the goods.

There's nothing stopping you from using multiple "include" statements
to pull from multiple files.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."