[Nolug] Fedora and wlan - dlink dwl-520

From: gonzeaux bevarde <gonzeaux_bevarde_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:47:55 -0800 (PST)

So I'm playing around with Fedora having heard some good things about it. I have to say
I'm impressed that it recognized the wireless card (well, sort of) and installed the chipset
drivers. The thing is, there are still some configurations necessary and that are proving difficult. I tried to do the obvious in the Redhat Network Manager which seems pretty
intuitive but setting the IRQ, Memory and DMA seems to only generate errors (the
specific errors are not important right now). I'm still researching what to do next and may
have some specific questions after I try some more things myself, but for now I thought it
would be interesting to see what nolugers have found in working with Fedora and wireless.

If anyone has any "gotchas" I'll try and include them when I wiki the experience on
nolug.org. One of the things I'm trying to do is not drop back to CLI and manually
edit the conf files - this may be impossible, but would be worth a shot for other n00b13s.

Thanks in advance.

J4ck