Re: [Nolug] php scripts virtual hosts cleaned up

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:10:04 -0600

James Scott <jhs_technical@cox.net> writes:

> Thank you. I am using evolution and I think the arrows show up.
> This email will tell for sure. If not it is the way I am editing this.

Please also put an empty line between your response and the message
you quote. It improves readability.

> Ok. This is probably where I failed. Please clarify for me. If you are
> using "virtual hosts" you cannot have "regular hosts"?

It is most straight forward to have one "regular host" or multiple
"virtual hosts". IIRC, you can have both, though. Try "grep
'<VirtualHost' httpd.conf" and see what that shows. If it shows some
with <VirtualHost *> and some with <VirtualHost example.com>, then
that is your problem. Once you have one virtual host specified as
'<VirtualHost *>', they all must be given that way.

> Is this because I did not comment out the default section of the
> file setting up documentroot at /var/www/html?

That shouldn't be a problem.

>> Does that file exist? Do you have /var/www/example1/index.html?
>> You forgot "DirectoryIndex index.php" in your <VirtualHost>
>> section, so it isn't going to go looking for an index.php file:
>
> So, this needs to be specified in each virtual host section?
> It is specified globally in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf.

I thought that specifying it globally would work, but try putting the
DirectoryIndex directive in your <VirtualHost> section.

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.