Re: [Nolug] redhat network

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:06:51 -0600

On Saturday 20 March 2004 17:50, azrael spake:
> Has anyone tried to sign up for the redhat network
> (for updates) in the last few days? A friend of mine
> has been trying for days and it doesn't want to let
> him sign up.

That's probably because Redhat has desupported all of their releases except
Enterprise Server, or will have done so in the next few weeks. Your friend is
better off upgrading to Fedora or switching to some other distribution.

They may be having a temporary problem with their site, but the fact remains
that if you run Redhat after May, you're vulnerable and are going to be
h4x0r3d.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL