Re: [Nolug] "dev/fd0 is not a valid block device"

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:16:22 -0600

<snip>
> The suggestion of using scp (of which I hadn't heard before) sounds good
> since both Fedora machines already have it. How do I find the name I
> might have assigned to one computer, and assign one to the other? I
> think I did it at setup before, but forgot the name since I've never
> needed it. I assigned numbers to both for router purposes.

The file you want is /etc/hosts. You'll have to edit this file on each
machine, adding the hostname and IP of the other machines on your LAN. Then
you can ping, ssh to, etc., any of the machines by hostname, instead of IP
address.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL