Re: [Nolug] linux firewall distro's that support ip aliasing with port forwarding

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:51:39 -0600

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 22:35, pltaylor spake:
> I don't know if it will handle all you are looking for, but you might give:
> www.smoothwall.org a look.

Um, smoothwall and freesco (hi, Dave!) are great, but if I understand right,
the box will have 2 IP addresses pointed at it. I do not know of any
plug-n-play firewall solution that will work with more than 1 IP.

Your best bet is to write your own firewall rules, perhaps adapting what
clarkconnect is already spitting out. I really don't think it should be that
hard to do. However, I do have to ask why you're getting multiple IPs from
Cox. What are you trying to do? Perhaps we can help you find a better way to
do it with only 1 IP, or something.

--Joey

> David J wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Does anyone happen to know of any Linux firewall
> > distributions that natively support IP aliasing with port forwarding?

<snip>

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL