RE: [Nolug] linux firewall distro's that support ip aliasing with port forwarding

From: David J <davisparbuckle_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:06:51 -0600

Thanks Joey,
        I was afraid of this. I guess I'll just put in some good old
fashioned elbow grease and make it work. But I guess that's what's so
great about Linux right?
        Basically what I am trying to do is set up an Apache webserver
for one address (already done, works great) and IIS on the other address
(for clients that like to use fpse). The only caveat being that I need
to setup both addresses on the same interface and do my forwarding from
there (unless I can just plug the cable modem into a switch and pull the
addresses I need directly from the switch --can I do that?) B/T/W I
have DAV installed on Apache (I think its great) but apparently it's not
good enough so now I need to setup IIS -sigh.
Attached is my rc.firewall from clarkconnect v1.3 If anyone would like
to make suggestions, it would greatly be appreciated. I know I need to
allow port 80 incoming on the Aliased IP and then forward to LAN.
Thanks.

David John