RE: [Nolug] linux firewall distro's that support ip aliasing with port forwarding

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:54:03 -0600

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 19:06, David J wrote:
[snip]
> Basically what I am trying to do is set up an Apache webserver
> for one address (already done, works great) and IIS on the other address
> (for clients that like to use fpse).

Apache under Windows? But from the tone of your email, it sounds
like Apache is on Linux.

> The only caveat being that I need
> to setup both addresses on the same interface and do my forwarding from
> there (unless I can just plug the cable modem into a switch and pull the
> addresses I need directly from the switch --can I do that?) B/T/W I

Why not? Have 2 NICs in the server, each configured for dhcp (or
a static address, depending on your service). Have the crossover
cable from the cable modem go to a switch, and have 2 wires going
"out" of the switch, one going to eth0, and the other to eth1.