[Nolug] Help please

From: pltaylor <pltaylor_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:15:17 -0600

I am having some trouble with one of my boxes connecting to websites.

First the layout:
adsl modem
Dell GXa P2 233 running smoothwall as a firewall
linksys 5 port switch
dell i1100 laptop
one home made box P4 1.6 running (I won't say it out loud)
one home made box P4 3.0 with swappable drives 1:Libranet (debian base
                                                 2:Mandrake 10

with the laptop or the 1.6 box I have no trouble connecting to anything.
on the 3.0 box with the mandrake drive running I have no problem
connecting to anything.

with the libranet debian drive running I have trouble connecting to
google and my banking site, that I have noticed so far.

Now here is the weird part, If I connect the 3.0 box directly to the dsl
modem I have no problem connecting to anything.

I have static ip's assigned in the smoothwall setup.

also have tried the mozilla, opera, & kong browsers and was still unable
to connect.

any ideas anyone?

signed

FRUSTRATED