Re: [Nolug] Help please

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:21:38 -0600

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 03:15, pltaylor spake:
> I am having some trouble with one of my boxes connecting to websites.
>
> First the layout:
> adsl modem
> Dell GXa P2 233 running smoothwall as a firewall
<snip>

Are you running squid on the smoothwall box? If so, try turning it off.

Also, open up the preferences in Mozilla, and find the "HTTP networking"
option (probably under "Advanced"), and make sure it's set for "HTTP 1.0"
under "Proxy". Problems when running HTTP 1.1 when connecting to proxies is a
known issue. Even though you might not be running squid on the smoothwall
box, you have no way of knowing if some site you're connecting to isn't using
a proxy that caches their dynamic content, etc..

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL