Re: [Nolug] linux firewall distro's that support ip aliasing with port forwarding

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:08:14 -0600

<snip>

> Basically what I am trying to do is set up an Apache webserver
> for one address (already done, works great) and IIS on the other address
> (for clients that like to use fpse).

I have a better idea.

You can configure apache to hand off certain URLs to some other webserver. I'm
short on details now because I'm pressed for time on another project, but you
might search apache.org for "proxy". To me, this is a better situation all
around. I could not in good conscience put IIS on the web unless it was
behind some sort of proxy.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL