Re: [Nolug] Cyberspace not always the fastest way to xfer data

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:39:46 -0600 (CST)

>> > How much time did it take to load up all the flash cards?
>> > How about downloading the data on the other end?
>> > Was it included in the equation?
>>
>> It probably wasn't, but it would be negligible. Load up the flash
>> card, attach to pigeon, release, repeat.
>
> I think he was talking about having to manually insert each flash
> card into a reader, mv the data, and then remove it.

Exactly!

Additionally the flash cards I have been using are not that fast to
transfer data. They have been only 256Mb (I have not tested the Gb level
Micro Drives) It could also be due to USB speed limitations.

Therefore it might actually take several days to put the data into those
flash cards and then read on the other end.