[Nolug] rc.local on Suse?

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:13:12 -0500 (CDT)

I know Joey has been using Suse so maybe he
can answer this or if anyone else knows the
answer let me know.

I've been using Suse for a while. Recently
I started digging into putting things
in the startup scripts.
I want to put a static route in so that it
gets loaded upon bootup, so I added it to
/etc/init.d/boot.local
The problem is that boot.local gets run
before the network card starts so the route
command fails because there is no network
devices. Any suggestions as to which files
to put it in so it can get loaded after the
network card loads?

Also, has anyone experienced the fact that
Suse wraps their X11 sessions with ssh?
I found out how to turn this off, but seems
like a lot of overhead to me.

I also changed the default console prompt and
alias info. I was too used to redhats prompts.
I wanted to keep the same format.

--
Brad Bendily - CNA/CLE
Systems Administrator