Re: [Nolug] rc.local on Suse?

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:03:27 -0500 (CDT)

> > The problem is that boot.local gets run
> > before the network card starts so the route
> > command fails because there is no network
> > devices. Any suggestions as to which files
> > to put it in so it can get loaded after the
> > network card loads?

There is a good file in Suse that explains their
run levels and such /sbin/init.d.README

I also found that you can put an script in either
/etc/sysconfig/network/if-up.d
or
/etc/sysconfig/network/if-down.d

in Suse, if you have a script in the if-up dir then
that will be ran after the network card is loaded.

If you have a script in the if-down dir then that
will be ran before the network is unloaded.

I haven't tried rebooting, but I did reload the network
cards and that seemed to work.

In RedHat they have the rc.local file which I beleive is
ran after all the run levels and everything is finished.
This was easy to add startup scripts or commands to, I
just wanted to do something similar in Suse. I guess
if I add anything else not network related I'll have
to add them to the run levels.

BB