Re: [Nolug] Online bank friendly to Linux

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:42:40 -0500

-ray wrote:
> I've also emailed webmaster@bellsouth.com many times about their stupid
> webpage/browser check. I've never gotten a response.

That's because The Phone Company understands a lot more about (broswer)
monopolies than a bank. Banks can lose customers...and they have
standards to live by, being a financial institution.

University financial aid is done on the web now, and they have a browser
check that lists all the browsers they have certified to work correctly
(and they get very into versioning), and they tell you to proceed at
your own peril without one. But it works fine in Mozilla.

The (large, multinational) company that I work for has the worst habit
of making IE-only internal websites. Our computers have (all javaless)
IE6, NS7, and NS4.8 installed. Our timecard system runs only on NC4.8.
  Yak!

They also asked me to convert the html presentation I made to Powerpunt
so they could put it on an internal website.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com
excuse me, can you tell me how to get back to 'on topic'?