[Nolug] Spam vs. Virus

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:22:54 -0500

Has anyone else experienced this?

I just checked the number of emails in that landed in my spam, virus,
and inbox folders for the past week.

In the past couple of days, it looks like viruses almost double the
number of spam that I'm getting. Even before the doubling, I still
got more viruses than spam. Now that my curiosity is piqued, I'm
gonna have to track this over a longer period of time.

http://mah.everybody.org/images/spam-graph.png

(Note that the "INBOX" part doesn't include messages I deleted or
messages that were delivered to another folder. I don't tend to
delete messages unless they are pure junk, though.)

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.