Re: [Nolug] Unix spam filtering w/o SpamAssassin?

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:44:26 -0500

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> Since SA is written in Perl (i.e. is slow),

Gee... You like language wars, don't you?

The only slowness is in the startup. You can get around this by
running SA as a daemon (via spamd) and client (spamc).

Of course, if you use external DNS checks, Razor, etc., it'll still be
slow since anything over the network is (compared to the checking SA does).

> and can be resource- intensive, are there any good alternatives?

CRM114: http://crm114.sf.net/ is a popular alternative to SA.

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.