[Nolug] Flash memory access, lack thereof

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:49:11 -0500

I'm just getting around to re-installing flash memory (digital camera)
support since upgrading RH 9 to FC 1. On both machines I have added to
/etc/fstab:
      /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash vfat user,noauto,umask=0 0 0
and have created a directory /mnt/flash.

When I type "mount /mnt/flash" on computer "A" I get "/dev/sda1 is not a
valid block device." On "B" I get "mount point /mnt/flash does not exist."

I have made sure that modules sr_mod, ide-scsi, vfat, fat, sg, sd_mod,
usb-storage, scsi_mod, usb-uhci, and usbcore are installed in both
machines.

Running df doesn't show anything but hda(s) and none for /dev/shm,
whatever that is.