Re: [Nolug] Flash memory access, lack thereof

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:25:37 -0500

On Mon, 31 May 2004 14:25:04 -0400
  mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger) wrote:
>"John D. Tiedeman" <jdtiede@sstar.com> writes:
>
>> On "B" I get "mount point /mnt/flash does not exist."
>
>Well, you need to fix that. "mkdir /mnt/flash" should do the job.
>
>Mark.
>
>--
  Yes, I know I need to fix that, but how? The line in both machines' fstab
is the same. "B" produces the above message, and "A" did recognize the
device but not the media. I tried adding mods as suggested by someone else,
which resulted in the disabling of machine "A." I tried repairing Fedora and
reinstalling, but neither one gets me around the boot disc error. It's a
fairly new 80G Seagate. I'm contemplating inserting another, smaller disc as
master and showing the 80G as slave, but they will have some of the same
entry points. I hadn't backup up everything on the 80G so don't want to lose
the dat.