[Nolug] 1 box won't boot; other won't run QuickBooks

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:16:43 -0500

Using the same three hds, my "A" box says "invalid boot disc." "B" boots
from all three but won't respond property to pointing device on 40G disk
and on 60G and 80G, won't run QuickBooks under CrossOver Windows
emulator. I am still using QuickBooks rather than a Linux accounting
program because I could find no way to transfer old data to a new
program other than re-entering it all, which would take too long. The
"B" box says there isn't enough memory to run QB, but both have the same
amount. For comparison:
          CPU Memory Motherboard
A Athlon 1600+ 2x256 PC-2100 FIC AD-11
B Athlon 1600+ 2x256 PC-133(or 100?) Gigabyte GA7-ZXE

Less serious problems are that "B" won't recognize keyboard and pointing
device from "A" and will no longer respond properly to trackpad formerly
used (cursor stays at the top of the screen and will move horizontally
only).

All of this came about from trying to get my flash memory card to work
under Fedora 1 as it did under RH 9. Sometimes I think the only way to
avoid trouble is to put up with status quo until something burns out!