[Nolug] Looking for a 2+ gig IDE HD for my server

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:53:20 -0500

While I was on vacation in Colorado, my machine apparently had a mild stroke.
It was still up, but it wouldn't allow new connections until I reinitialized
networking. It was dumb for a week. Naturally, everything at work and home
breaks the first day I'm out of town. Is it just me, or does this happen to
anyone else?

Anyway, my boot drive has 88 bad blocks in the root partition. Some programs
still run, but ps isn't one of them. The MB won't support a drive with more
than 32 GB, so it needs to be smaller than that. I have an 850 MB drive, but
it isn't big enough. Anything more than 2 gigs should be enough. The box
itself is a K6-300 so I'm not inclined to spend much money on it, but I'm not
above spending a reasonable amount.

Thanks,

Andy Johnson