[Nolug] AC and UPSes

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:04:35 -0500

Hey all.

I'm having a problem with my UPS. Whenever the AC kicks in, my ups goes
haywire, but only the plugs on the battery side, ie the stuff thats
plugged into the non UPS side doesn't lose power, but the UPS side goes
out until I hit the reset, and the unit squeals. I've got a Linux box
on both sides, btw, in case you thought I was way offtopic :]

The unit is a cheapo, Belkin home/office deal, prob about 2 years old
now. Any ideas, besides 'get a new one?'

TIA...A

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com
"Things have gotten so bad in this country, you look back at Richard