Re: [Nolug] free stuff--Update

From: krunk <krunkalot_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:07:53 -0500

Ok, the giveaway has expanded considerably. The giveaway will be next
Saturday.... we'd like to have 5 people or more show up. Just post if
your interested and I'll put up the detailed instructions to the center
in a couple of days.

I work with a non-profit whose purpose is to give low-income kids a
venue to learn about computers (we're affiliated with the Tulane Cactus
program). We happen to have quite a few boxes lying around that we
either don't have room for or aren't fully functional. A rough estimate
of units is:

--10-15 x86 boxes ranging from PII 266 to PIII 500mhz (the pIII I saw
was a slot I)
--5-10 scanners
--various hard drives from 2-6.5gb
--5-10 monitors ranging from 14-17in (I thought I saw one 17...but it
may have only been 15)
--A bucket full of old ram (pre pc100)

These should be in addition to the few bare bones units I have. The
deal is, you can come and take anything you want for free....if there's
nothing you want, you still have to carry something out even if you
just dump it on your way home :)

If you'd like (totally, completely optional/voluntary), we need some
decent wheel mice and keyboards that are nice and clean and made after
the cold war. Oh and a switch, hub, or router >5 ports.