[Nolug] Mail server

From: krunk <krunkalot_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:40:39 -0500

Thanks to all who suggested the qmailrocks.org link. It's a truly
impressive tutorial.....the way it should be done. Unfortunately,
debian really, really hates it. I had to manually compile courier-imap
to get vchkpw support and debians apt dependencies are trying to catch
up to the last decade so I had to edit a few more debian rules.
Currently php is acting like a b****. Anyway, after no one from qmr
forum, irc, or admins around me could figure it out. I decided debian
and qmail rocks are not made for each other.

Sooooo, now I'm trying to go the default debian route with exim4. I
want to have mysql support across the board so I've had to compile
qpopper from source, now I'm trying to figure out how debian configures
exim4 (not like all the exim4 docs say I've found).

Apt is not near as elegant as portage when you want to step outside of
defaults I've found, so I'm wondering if someone has a reference to
some documentation on par with qmailrocks but for debian and exim4?

Thanks,

James