Re: [Nolug] Fedora problem

From: Randy Flood <stock_investor_guy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:30:29 -0700 (PDT)

Is it similar to the Machine described at

http://www.lycoris.org/links.php?op=viewlink&cid=9&orderby=dateA

Dell Optiplex GX200

Works Perfectly
autoconfigured. basic specs: PIII-600, 256MB RAM, Riva
TNT2 Video, Sound, CDRW, 10/100 NIC.
Added on: 17-Mar-2002 Hits: 0

If so, your video card might be a Riva TNT2.

--- Dave Prentice <prentice@instruction.com> wrote:
> SKREEM!!! I hate having to learn the quirks of
> a new distro.
> I'm trying to install K12LTSP, which is based on
> Fedora 9. As I
> was going through the install process (from CD) the
> installation
> program hung up when it tried to go into graphical
> mode. I went
> through in text mode and everything seemed fine, but
> after reboot it
> keeps trying unsuccessfully to go graphical. I used
> to know how to
> configure X in Redhat by using XConfigurator or
> XF86Config, but
> neither of those is present in this distro. Any
> ideas how to set up X?
> Hardware is a Dell Optiplex 600 mhz P3 (thanks
> Paul!) with 256meg
> RAM, 11 gig drive space, and 8 meg video RAM. The
> monitor is a regular
> old HP SVGA.
> Thanks,
> Dave Prentice