RE: [Nolug] Video capture from VCR to DV using a firewire or USB2 device

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:32:47 -0400 (EDT)

I never received the original post, but here are the keywords needed:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=video+editing+linux+dv

One may add the word "pro" or "prosumer" to it as well.

NOTE!
USB2 is NOT suitable for video editing.

Additionally, if your souce is non-dv, such as most VCR's. You need a
transcoder (another keyword for google) in betwwen your analog signal and
DV signal. On the computer end, any $30 Firewire controller is enough
hardwarewise.